HUDSONVILLE ICE CREAM’S MICHIGAN ARTISAN COLLECTION RETURNS WITH GERMACK FLAVOR
HUDSONVILLE ICE CREAM’S MICHIGAN ARTISAN COLLECTION RETURNS WITH GERMACK PISTACHIO COMPANY FLAVOR
Germack Honey Roasted Peanut celebrates 90-plus years of iconic Michigan brands
HOLLAND, Mich. — Hudsonville Ice Cream is once again making the sweetest flavors of Michigan into ice cream flavors with the return of the Michigan Artisan Collection, kicking off the summer with a new local flavor called Germack Honey Roasted Peanut. The collaboration with Germack Pistachio Company celebrates more than 90 years of two family-owned, Michigan-based companies with long histories dating back to the 1920s.
Germack Honey Roasted Peanut is a small batch ice cream flavor made with a honey base and a peanut butter swirl alongside honey roasted peanuts from Germack Pistachio Company, the oldest roaster of pistachio nuts in the United States. The flavor will be available to sample for free while supplies last at a special tasting event at Germack’s historic Eastern Market location, 2509 Russell St, Detroit, MI 48207, beginning at 11 a.m. on June 8.
“Germack is known for so many incredible nut and coffee products, which meant we did taste testing on many different delicious flavor combinations before we landed on this new Honey Roasted Peanut flavor,” said Kinsey MacDonald, a product developer with Hudsonville Ice Cream. “The honey roasted peanuts from Germack stand out in our creamy honey ice cream and it is sure to be a favorite flavor this summer. With their commitment to an original time-honored roasting process, Germack embodies exactly the type of partner we want to work with as part of the Michigan Artisan Collection, highlighting the best flavors of our home state in every scoop.”
In addition to the free sampling opportunity on June 8, the Germack Honey Roasted Peanut flavor will be available in limited quantities at select scoop shops across the state, beginning June 9. Like other flavors in the Michigan Artisan Collection, this flavor is expected to sell out quickly. A complete listing of shops is below.
“Our family began roasting nuts and seeds in Detroit’s Eastern Market in 1924, and for 95 years we have been loyal to the City of Detroit and the state of Michigan,” said Frank Germack, co-owner of Germack Pistachio Co. “We are so proud to serve our community, and to partner with Hudsonville Ice Cream for this year’s Michigan Artisan Collection is a meaningful way for us to celebrate our rich history this year. We hope everyone will stop by our shop on June 8 to taste this flavor for themselves.”
The Michigan Artisan Collection was launched in 2018 as a special small batch collection of flavors representative of the best parts of Michigan, with ingredients sourced from local artisan partners from across the state. In its first year, the Michigan Artisan Collection featured three flavors to rave reviews: Bowerman’s Blueberry Donut, Sweetie-Licious Pie Surprise and Ferris Coffee Caramel Cold Brew.
Hudsonville Ice Cream is committed to flavor innovation and development, with both traditional ice cream and dairy-free options available in scoop shops and grocery stores in more than a dozen states. Hudsonville Ice Cream is made with the highest-quality milk and cream locally sourced from neighboring dairy farmers, some within 10 miles of the creamery’s headquarters in Holland, Michigan. Though the creamery boasts an evolving flavor list, Hudsonville Ice Cream continues to utilize the same base recipe from more than 90 years ago.
To learn more about Hudsonville Ice Cream’s current flavor line-up, visit www.hudsonvilleicecream.com.
Where to find Germack Honey Roasted Peanut:
- Banana Boat, 3721 Corunna Rd, Flint, 48532
- Captain Sundae – Holland North, 365 Douglas Avenue, Holland, 49424
- Captain Sundae – Holland South, 247 West 40th Street, Holland, 49423
- Captain Sundae – Zeeland, 537 Main Ave, Zeeland, 49464
- Carie’s Caboose, 287 E State St, Montrose, 48457
- Cosmic Candy Co., 168 S Hancock, Pentwater, 49449
- Fantasy Twirl, 3191 142nd Ave, Dorr, 49323
- Frosty Boy of Cascade, 6886 Cascade Rd SE, Grand Rapids, 49546
- Frosty Boy Kalamazoo, 5030 Gull Rd, Kalamazoo, 49048
- Frosty Cove, 2565 Lakeshore Dr., Muskegon, 49441
- Houseman’s Ice Cream, 2543 84th Street SW, Byron Center, 49315
- Jaami’s Ice Cream & Treats, 592 Cass St, Frankenmuth, 48734
- Kings Trading Post Party Store, 8493 5 Mile Rd, Mecosta, 49332
- Lighthouse Party Store, 701 North Huron Ave, Mackinaw City, 49701
- Mastro’s Ice Cream, 24445 Jefferson Ave, St Clair Shores, 48080
- Norm’s Ice Cream Shop – Fruitport, 350 N 3rd Ave, Fruitport, 49415
- Norm’s Ice Cream Shop – Grand Haven, 1453 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, 49417
- Norm’s Ice Cream Shop North Muskegon, 80 N. Causeway Rd., North Muskegon, 49445
- Ottawa Beach General Store, 2256 Ottawa Beach Rd, Holland, 49424
- Ruthie’s Dairy Twist, 201 N Bridge St, Bellaire, 49615
- Sadie’s Ice Cream Parlor, Grand Hotel, 1891 Cadotte Ave, Mackinac Island, 49757
- The Parlour of Jackson, 1401 Daniel Rd, Jackson, 49202
- Tiffany’s Café, 10213 W Front St, Empire, 49630
- The Sweet Tooth of Marine City, 312 S Water St, Marine City, 48039
- Yummies, 220 E Main St, Harbor Springs, 49740
Hudsonville Creamery & Ice Cream Company has been making moments sweeter with delicious ice cream for more than 90 years. Headquartered in Holland, Michigan, and serving more than a dozen states, this family-owned and operated company has revolutionized how ice cream is made by building the most progressive ice cream manufacturing facility in the country to produce the creamiest, best tasting ice cream meant for any occasion. Hudsonville Ice Cream combines time-tested recipes with the freshest ingredients, including dairy from local farms, to make favorite flavors people know and love, while creating seasonal Limited Editions and unique small batch flavors with local partners. Learn more at www.hudsonvilleicecream.com.